Friday 6 July 2012

Learning to Love

These past weeks have been long, measured through the events that unfolded. The experiences have just been too many but it is at the points that love has interacted with me that has brought a new dimension to living. Although cliched I agree, love does make the world go round. I mean, look at a husband and his wife when they are so in love, everything does work for them, their children are happy and healthy, their home in order from the payslip all through to no trash in the can. It is a warm home to walk into.

It has taken me over eight months to admit to this, that nobody needs to loose love. A heart must be full of love, love for God, family, friends, neighbors and strangers alike. There should never be a limit to how much love one can have in their heart. It is this very love that makes a 50year old look 20! Easier said than done. There are times when I have wanted my friends to be there more than they have ever been, times when all I have wanted is to receive, for a while. Although this never turned out to be the case, painful but I now realize that the damage is more and the loss greater if we do not acknowledge that we have failed each other and find ways of mending this precious garment of friendship. Lets move on, it is good for all of us.

Many times I have wanted to forgive and forget a friend altogether but over time I have learned that it is best if I would actually just disregard the mistake and look at the person through different eyes, for what is love without war? Yes I had a big fight with my sister, someone I love to bits, a girl I would never trade off for whatever diamonds. But look at me when things are wrong between us. When we can't sit through the night reminiscing, joking and laughing uncontrollably - absolutely no care in the world after all, I am with a group of girls who have watched me grow into the woman I am today. I am simply a wreck! So I reach out, I open my heart and say " I am Sorry" because it matters, she matters to me.
Last weekend I danced into the small of the night. I laughed with my friends till my side ached. It made me feel so alive. If it is not through love that I am able to experience this, somebody tell me what is! With love, it doesn't matter which day in July it is, I am warm. I feel rich even when all I have is one way bus fare home.

Today, I want to hold love dear. I want to tell the people who matter that I love them especially with their flaws. God knows how they put up with mine. I want to give as much love as the Lord allows me. Life is LOVE! I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment