Tuesday 22 May 2012

Events Unfolding

For the last three days or so, Mike and I have experienced a near displacement thanks to baby girl. And am talking bed displacement.  But I think this little sweet princess saw an opportunity and grabbed it. She had been down with a fever since Thursday last week, sometimes so bad that we had to rush her to hospital in the middle of the night! Meanwhile, the whole house was empathetic. For me, the worst sight to bear is that of a sick baby.

Every time baby girl wanted to be held or a toy, we were at her beck and call. At times she cried for things that she should not have with a special preference to phones and remote controls. On we went, to pains just so she can be comfortable and get well sooner. Little didn't we know of the monster we were creating of her. Slowly but surely it turned into a manipulation tactic. A few screams and here you go baby... The night was not spared either. Whenever she made a slight sound I jumped and picked her up in a record time. After a few picks I decided to let her "borrow" space in our bed. Such a mistake! Baby girl moved in officially and any attempts at putting her back to her crib was met with a tantrum, in the middle of the night! replaying the episodes for three consecutive nights. All the while we are squeezed in a corner as she spreads herself on the bed as if she owns it!

For fear of crushing her delicate body, we let it happen. Morning came I was numb from lying on one side. By day three, we had had it so last night we plotted against her, in our plot it was agreed that no matter how much or how long she scream she will stay in her bed unless she's due for a feed... sure enough the screams came, three times a lull and back. When morning came, I was over the moon "It worked, it worked" I danced my way to the bathroom through morning preps and out!

Huh, now I know, a baby is only as wise as her little brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment