Tuesday 30 July 2013

My Courage is Founded

It is exciting to note that many times we see faith as such a big deal. When faced with a situation, you become jittery and believing becomes a far fetched dream. I am not sure where all hope goes but believing becomes a very huge task. I once read somewhere that as human beings hope is a very big part of our mere existence. We eat, live and even sleep and wake by hope alone. Every night when I go to sleep, I am sure to set my alarm clock lest I oversleep. It never occurs to me that I could sleep and never see daylight. I still ensure that my alarm is set to wake me up at the break of dawn. 5 AM!

Weddings, family gatherings and even dates are planned on hope and faith becomes very evident but should you ask the planners to have faith that the financial needs of the material day will be met. They look at you like "slap you back to reality! We're getting to work... a fundraiser is inevitable and nothing is being left to chance." I have been caught in unbelief situations being reduced into a ball of worry and panic... such misery! Then, the time comes and the feared for happens with very little intensity or days roll by and it never happens! I get annoyed, that I never trusted God, never took time to have faith and even hope was nonexistent in the midst of the worry frenzy. Unawares, I wasted time and opportunity to look up to God without fear.

Today, I look back and say " it is indeed never that serious" A situation will occur because it was meant to occur for me to move to the next chapter of my life. I am excited to note that only God knows the future and therefore everything in it is upto Him... I will not waste today worried sick about a future I know nothing of. When I was a small girl I used to sneak into my big sister's room and take her novels. Then I would read them and never want to keep it down until it was complete. It is in these reading of "borrowed" books that I read a phrase that I remember to this day " fear makes the wolf look bigger than it really is"

I'm in God, He's in me. In Him I find peace, complete rest for my troubled stubborn soul, I am rich in ways I can not explain. My joy is compete. At times I will be sad and that is okay because He will lift my spirits and He will lead me. Turning my mourning into a dance. He will raise me that I may stand on high ground. He is my rock. He is my salvation and my true Vine.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1012126_201899639967069_1806127326_n.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment