Wednesday 10 April 2013

Light up the world

Here I was thinking that the only permanent thing in life is change. Nothing lasts forever, or so I convinced myself. These exciting thoughts of trying to grow with every passing year have bore fruits, I have allowed myself to see life as malleable. An exciting journey of discovery. But it sometimes can be heart breaking when you realize that only you believe in this analogy, that everybody around you perceives you so wrongly for readily embracing it.

I am health freak, bad enough to count the amount of calories that I consume daily... hey! don't give me that look! Not because all I want is for everybody to be size zero, I ain't that either. I would in fact never encourage anybody to be lighter than the wind! But again I say, feed the waist and you will have to buy bigger belts. When everybody believes in genetic predisposition, I say, the genes have no idea how to be big or small... they only obey our commands they can sway in any direction as long as you show them how.

Amazingly, we all want to be better, wealthier, happier, more successful and ooh so fulfilled. But how can this be when everyday we wake up determined to fight to retain the status quo? " I have never been that person" we sometimes retort. Just because we are supposed to try something we never have...I never want to go outside and try a rain dance with my son because that is not what grownups do, I can't run, I can't change my hairstyle, I can't dress differently and just when you think that you are done with the " I Can Not" The people around you are up in arms resisting the change you have convinced yourself to make... and the cycle is endless.

An old adage goes " Be the change you want to see in the world." If I want to be treated with kindness, I have got to be kind to everybody around me. Sometimes the change I want is never about money or material things, so I go out and attempt to make that change but damn, " I can't" the bug? rears its ugly head and ruins it all. Back to Zero... I like this saying, so true, I had to borrow it!
 I resolve to be, the girl of my dreams... and hopefully that of your dream and when dreams gets realized, we light up the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment